Friday, July 4, 2014

NYC - The Lower East Side

I arrived  in NYC yesterday after a long haul flight with transit stopovers in Taipei and Osaka. I'm feeling a bit woozy and my time clock is confused but I'm walking it off by exploring the lower east side and the east and west village. The weather when I arrived was 38 degrees but a big electrical storm came through in the evening and cooled everything down.




In this part of town, close to Chinatown, I'm catching whiffs of other cities I've visited: Phnom Penh, Ho Chi Minh City, Yangon, even Paris! Found a wonderful fresh food market and got some supplies in and had a long deep sleep in my tiny but cute airbnb room.


Today I'm in search of a print shop to get some leaflets done re the show but businesses are closed due to the July 4 holiday. I went down to the Bowery Poetry club too, but it is closed as well.
But it's good to be getting my bearings, and sussing out the territory. Now I've landed in  the Noho Starbucks for a large peppermint tea and free wifi. It's raining outside and I've left my brolly at home so I might just have to go singing in the rain!



No comments:

Post a Comment